I find myself searching Pinterest all the time for easy, healthy recipes, but their definition of “easy” and mine seem to be way different. Their definition of quick and easy cooking consists of 100 different ingredients, measurements, and instructions, while mine is a solid 3 ingredients and throwing said ingredients into a crockpot, skillet, or oven. Can I get an amen?
BBQ and Pesto themed recipes that require few ingredients and are so delicious!
- Pesto Chicken with mozzarella and tomato and asparagus
- BBQ chicken flatbread and Chicken Pesto feta cheese flatbread
- Slow cooker honey bbq chicken
- A zucchini bite appetizer great for any meal
Here are my super easy and healthy dinner ideas:
Chicken Pesto topped with Mozzarella and tomato paired with asparagus
You guys, this plate is super easy! Here’s how you do it:
- Coat the chicken breast in basil pesto
- Add olive oil, a sprinkle of feta cheese, and whatever seasoning your little heart desires.
- Place in oven after preheating to 425 degrees
- Bake for about 20 minutes, near the end, top the chicken with marinara, mozzarella, and tomato.
Here’s a good snack/ Appetizer idea for any meal that is quick, easy, and healthy:
•Zucchini nacho bites•
- Slice up zucchini
- Add marinara and a sprinkle of cheese
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes
2. Low Carb Low Calorie Flatbread (Not that you should obsess over that or track it) :Left: Barbeque chicken right: Chicken pesto and feta flatbread pizza
How to do it:
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees
- Cook chicken in skillet
- Place the Flatout Italian Wraps (90 calories) in oven until slightly crisped
- For the Chicken Pesto flatbread: spread the pesto, use half of the chicken from your skillet , feta, and tomato on flatbread
- For the BBQ chicken flatbread: add bbq sauce (watch the sugars and sodium) to the chicken in your skillet, chopped union, and choice seasoning, spread light layer of bbq sauce on flatbread, add chicken and light cheese. This can be indulgent or healthy depending on how much sauce and cheese you use. I added more cheese for my boyfriend, so it’s really all about what you’re going for!
- Cook to personal preference
3. Crockpot Honey Barbeque Chicken with Lemon and Herb Asparagus
- Add Chicken breasts to crockpot
- Mix 1/2 cup of ketchup, 1/3 cup of honey, 1 tblspoon of garlic, 1/2 cup bbq sauce, a dash of low sodium soy sauce into a bowl
- Add to crockpot and mix with chicken
- Cook for about 5-6 hours (on low)
- Cook asparagus in tin foil with olive oil, herb seasoning, a pinch of salt and pepper, and squeezed lemon in oven at 350 for about 14 minutes
- This meal was a HUGE hit even to my boyfriend who is all about the mac and cheese life and not about healthy meals. The chicken is so tender it literally falls right apart.