Hey guys! I hope everyone had an amazing fourth of July!
So, Shawna over at the Whole Hearty Happy Blog was an absolute golden soul in nominating me for the Blogger Recognition Award. Click the link above to check her amazing blog out. Thank you so much for saying such kind words about my blog, it means SO much to me!
- Thank the Blogger that nominated you!
- Write a post to show your award!
- Give a brief story of how you started your blog
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers!
- Select 15 Bloggers, you want to give this award to!
- Comment on each blog to let them know you have nominated them, also link your post to their nomination!
How I started my blog:
So, if you guys have stuck with me so far, you’ve read that I started this page in honor of my dear friend who passed away a few years ago. It’s a tribute to the kind and beautiful soul he was, and the way he loved life. Knowing him changed my life forever. I will always be a dreamer, I will always be kind, I will always be as strong as I can, and I will smile “for always” (his saying).
I thought about possible names for my blog for days on end. Seriously. I had many deep conversations with his sister who is like my own, Mercedes, trying different words and meanings, but I was being so, so picky. I wanted it to be the most amazing tribute I could possibly come up with. I wanted my dream to come true with Mercedes and Derek, the two people who showed me how absolutely magical it is to dream. Mercedes’ saying is, “Stay Golden” and Derek loved the ocean. I also have a tattoo of a wave to stand for the meaning:
“A wave overcomes everything in its path.”
I started this blog to connect with all of you. We all have our stories, we all have this incredible insight on life. I started this to share my everyday “waves” of thoughts, to help as many people as I can. My dream is to have my words mean something to someone, anyone.
Advice for new bloggers:
- Stay true to yourself and your reason for blogging. Don’t give up! Building a blog is definitely not easy. Gaining a following is hard and so is staying motivated when at times you feel like no one is reading your work. Hang in there! Keep writing, and remember why you started in the first place.
- Engage, engage, engage! Make as many connections as you can. Reach out to your followers, comment on their posts, email them, and use social media to your advantage.