Anxiety sucks. It can rule your whole day… and your life if you let it. You honestly feel helpless, you feel like you don’t have a say. But you do, you just don’t know it yet.
Lucky for you, you have me, your reminder that you can actually make anxiety your bitch.
I’m right there with you, fighting it every day, and this is how we’ll kick its ass:
- Breathe. Seriously. You need to breathe. Your mind will go a million miles a minute. Don’t let it get ahead of you, just take a second, and breathe.
- Slow your thoughts down.
- Focus on one thing at a time. If you try to think of everything that’s making you anxious all at once, you’re going to lose it. Breathe. Slow it down. One thing at a time.
- Let shit go. Don’t take it all with you. I know it’s so hard, but you have to let things roll off your back.
- Don’t stress over what is out of your control. If you cannot change it, you have to let it go.
- Vent. Tell your best friend, don’t bottle it up inside.
- Escape. Go for a ride, go for a walk/run, workout, or go get an ice cream cone with scoops bigger than your head.
- Stop beating yourself up. It won’t do you any good.
- Listen to some upbeat songs that you love. Get your mind off of it.
- Don’t seclude yourself. Get out and be with the people who care about you.
- Write it out. Sounds silly, but make a list and write out what is making you so anxious, ask yourself why on each one. Ask yourself: “Is this in my control?” if it is, leave it on the list and we’ll work it out. If the answer is no, cross it off. As soon as you cross it off, let it go.