We all want a flat, toned tummy. Let’s kick that “blah” yucky, bloated feeling we all hate and step into our most confident selves. The top secret key to a flat tummy is…. nutrition. Not crunches. Your kitchen game is what will get you that flat belly you want!
Mentality we’ll have: “I have a rockin’ bod. I’m going to fuel my body and love the shit of myself every step of the way. I’m so ready to kick this fitness goal right in the balls.”
Things that get in the way of you and a flat tummy:
- Low cal sweeteners (because of the sugar alcohols). Be careful of those sugar free foods and drinks! We don’t completely digest sugar alcohols.
My personal tips:
- Drink a lot of water. Add lemon!
- Drink green tea! I add mango to mine, it’s the bomb.
- Don’t give up peanut butter! People get scared of the fats but they’re essential. It has protein and fiber your metabolism NEEDS.
- Look out for sugars. These are hiding in things like flavored coffee, Skip the caramel swirl and go for natural sweeteners.
- Watch out for sodium in diet foods especially!! Smart Ones, Lean Cuisine, and other frozen diet meals are LOADED with sodium. Just because it’s “diet” doesn’t mean it’s healthy.
- Watch out for sugars in protein and meal replacement bars.
- Add avocado to your diet- awesome way to speed that metabolism up.
For protein bars:
- Quest bars
- Think thin
- Power crunch
- Adding honey
- Adding almond milk
- Add cinnamon to the coffee grounds.
- Try the green tea with mango substitute. Guys, don’t hate me. I love my coffee but green tea is actually my jam right now.
- Yogurt bowls (check my kick ass healthy snacks post)
- Avocado toast
And “donut” forget it’s about balance!